Zoiper is only partially compatible with sip.audio. We encountered unexpected behavior when testing in February 2019.
The audio quality was inferior to that experienced with other apps. The paid version includes OPUS, our preferred codec for interoperability. The free version is limited to low fidelity codecs.
- On launch, Zoiper's Account setup wizard will start...
Username @ PBX/VoIP provider: Full SIP Account address (For example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: SIP Account Password
Hostname or provider: proxy.sip.audio
Outbound proxy: proxy.sip.audio
- Select 'SIP TCP'. Click 'Finish'. (Note: The app may report 'Not Found'.)
- If successful, a green check mark will appear alongside your account name.
- In the app, go to Settings, Accounts, select your sip.audio account then Audio Codec Settings...
Disable every audio codec except for Opus Full.
MAKING A CALL
- For best results, enable wifi, and get close to the wireless access point.
- In the search box, enter the destination SIP Username. (For example, enter fmstation.comrex for email@example.com).
- Click the 'phone' connect icon.
- In the app, go to Settings and select Audio...
Echo Cancelation: Uncheck this box
- In the app, go to Settings, Accounts, select your sip.audio account then Network Settings...
Use STUN: Use custom
Stun Server: stun.sip.audio
Help to keep the Knowledge Base accurate for the benefit of the worldwide community by contacting In:Quality with details of errors, omissions or updates. Raise a Ticket.