Linphone is fully compatible with sip.audio. It can be used in the field for live radio contributions. It includes OPUS, our preferred codec for interoperability. It does not support external microphones connected to the lightning port on iOS devices. It is free.
- In the Linphone app, go to Settings and 'Run Assistant'.
- Select 'Use SIP Account'.
- Enter the following...
USERNAME: Full SIP Account address (For example, email@example.com)
PASSWORD: SIP Account Password
- Click 'Login'.
- If successful, the app will display a green dot and 'Registered'.
MAKING A CALL
- For best results, enable wifi, and get close to the wireless access point.
- Click where it says 'Enter a number...' and type the SIP address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click the 'phone' connect icon.
- In the app, go to Settings and select your SIP account.
More options: On
Stun Server: stun.sip.audio
- Go to Settings and select 'Audio'.
- Only select the codecs you wish to use, such as...
Opus 48kHz: On
- Under Advanced...
Codec bitrate limit: Set according to network conditions
Enable Voice Processing Off
Help to keep the Knowledge Base accurate for the benefit of the worldwide community by contacting In:Quality with details of errors, omissions or updates. Raise a Ticket.