Linphone for Desktop is fully compatible with sip.audio. It includes OPUS, our preferred codec for interoperability. It is free.
- In the Linphone app, go to Preferences and click 'Add Account'...
SIP Address: Enter like this: sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
SIP Server Address: Enter like this: <sip:proxy.sip.audio;transport=tcp>
Enable ICE: Enable
STUN/TURN Server: stun.sip.audio
Click the Confirm button
- The software will report. 'Unable to authenticate'. Please verify your password'...
Enter the SIP Account password.
- If successful, the app will display a green dot alongside your account name.
- Go to Preferences, click 'Audio' and select your microphone and headphones. Only select the codecs you wish to use, such as...
- For best results, connect an ethernet cable and avoid other internet use.
MAKING A CALL
- Type the SIP address (email@example.com) into the search box.
- Click the 'phone' connect icon.
Help to keep the Knowledge Base accurate for the benefit of the worldwide community by contacting In:Quality with details of errors, omissions or updates. Raise a Ticket.