Comrex ACCESS & BRIC-Link is fully compatible with sip.audio. It includes OPUS, our preferred codec for interoperability.
Tutorial: Configure Comrex IP Codec for sip.audio
- Log in to the web interface for your Comrex unit using its IP address, or access via KVM.
- In 'System Settings', enable 'Show Advanced Settings'.
- Under 'SIP Settings' or 'Alternate Modes - EBU 3326', configure as follows...
Accept Incoming Connections: Enabled
Use STUN Server: Yes
Use SIP Proxy: Enabled
SIP Proxy Address: proxy.sip.audio
SIP Domain: sip.audio
SIP Username: SIP Account Username (For example, enter fmstation.comrex for email@example.com)
SIP Password: SIP Account Password
- In the Comrex 'Connections' tab, check the SIP Status. It should show ONLINE (200 OK).
- Ideally, under 'Switchboard Server' set the STUN Server as... stun.sip.audio
- Consider adding a custom SIP profile as in this tutorial...
Tutorial: Add SIP profile to Comrex IP Codec
- In 'Remotes', select 'Add New Remote'...
Name: Choose a Display Name for your destination.
IP Address or Phone Number: Actually the SIP address. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Profile: EBU 3326/SIP OPUS Mono
- Click 'OK'.
- Select the destination.
- Click 'Connect'.
You must have a DNS server set in the Comrex network settings. If in doubt, use Google's 184.108.40.206
Firmware must be version 3.0 or later.
Help to keep the Knowledge Base accurate for the benefit of the worldwide community by contacting In:Quality with details of errors, omissions or updates. Raise a Ticket.